Myles coldwell-AThletic Therapist
Myles has worked with various university, semi and professional sports teams including the University of Calgary women's basketball team, Mount Royal University men's soccer team and the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football league. He also has worked in multiple university clinics assessing & treating athletes. After a stint in western Canada Myles has since returned home in hopes of increasing the awareness of the benefits of Athletic Therapy in Nova Scotia.
Myles's approach to care involves treating the body as a whole. He uses a multitude of treatment methods, including RAPID Neurofascial Reset , instrument assisted soft tissue release, cupping and precise exercise prescription to help his clients return safely and efficiently to whatever they were meant to do.
*Only certain time slots are made available for online bookings. Please email or call for times outside of listed times.
St. Francis Xavier University
Mount Royal University
Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics
Advanced Certificate in Athletic Therapy
WHAT IS ATHLETIC THERAPY?
Certified Athletic Therapists [CAT(C)] are healthcare (clinicians) and paramedical (emergency responders) professionals, with an expertise in musculoskeletal conditions that provide comprehensive and consistent care from injury to safe and full return to activity in all areas of life. Athletic therapists provide pre-hospital medical emergency management, immediate care and reconditioning of musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses, and provide an unbiased, objective perspective to help educate patients (and organizations) on minimizing the risk of further injuries/illnesses. Athletic therapists must have fulfilled academic and practical requirements as governed by the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association. They must also undergo stringent education and testing standards in order to certify at the national level.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ATHLETIC THERAPY?
* Rapid increase in pain-free activity
* Long lasting results
* Create optimal joint mobility and range of motion
* Improve posture and joint positioning
* Decrease adhesions in joint capsule and other
* Reduce recovery time
* Enhance immune system
* Improve oxygenation
* Significantly reduce stiffness and pain levels
* Promote relaxation
* Improve sleep. digestion and energy levels
* Improve sport specific performance
* Increase level of relaxation of all fascial components from joint capsule, ligaments, tendons and muscle througout the body.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER ATHLETIC THERAPY?
* Those with chronic pain
* Those that train regularly
* Those that want to prevent injury
* Those that want to improve performance
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN AN ATHLETIC THERAPIST TREAT?
* Back and neck conditions
* Leg Pain (Sciatica)
* Knee, foot and ankle pain
* Shoulder and elbow pain
* Frozen Shoulder
* Shin Splints
* Arm or wrist pain
* Carpal tunnel syndrome
* Migraine and tension headaches
* Chronic and Acute Injuries
* Limited ranges of motion
* Performance asymmetries/limitation
Get in Touch
Phone: (902) 883-1939